The Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada (ARUCC) provides leadership in the post-secondary education field and service to its member institutions nationally and internationally, helping foster the advancement of registrarial practices in Canada. ARUCC strives to meet the needs of its members by adopting proactive measures reflecting changes in our professional environment. Communication amongst members is paramount, and is achieved is via electronic and print media, as well as through conferences, symposia, and the like.
The Association of Registrars of the Universities of Canada was created in 1964 - and incorporated in 2018 - in response to the professional needs of student administrative services personnel in universities. In 1974 the Association's name was changed to the Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada to reflect the increasing role of the colleges in this professional field and in the activities of the Association.
In 2021, ARUCC included over 175 member institutions and organizations – represented by almost 800 individuals - from all regions of Canada. Membership from the universities, colleges and institutes include: registrarial support and services; admissions; recruitment; scheduling; systems and reporting; curriculum development; student records; student services; and other personnel representing key SEM offices, including from the areas of academic advising, fees, and student financial aid.
ARUCC provides support to regional Canadian associations including WARUCC, CRALO, OURA, BCI, and AARAO. ARUCC is an Associate Member of Universities Canada and of the Canadian Council for the Advancement of Education (CCAE). ARUCC is a regional association of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO). ARUCC is a supporter of CanPESC (Canadian Post-secondary Electronic Standards Council), an ongoing collaborator with PCCAT (Pan-Canadian Consortium on Admissions and Transfer), and in 2015 became a signatory to the Groningen Declaration Network (GDN).
Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the Association are as follows:
- To provide leadership and a common voice for Canadian higher education as it pertains to the Canadian registrarial and enrolment management profession.
- To facilitate and promote the networking,communication and the exchange of information relevant to the profession and industry amongst the membership.
- To promote an awareness and advance policies and practices in the admission and transfer, registrarial services, enrolment management, academic planning, privacy, systems and reporting, and transcription practices amongst and between post-secondary educational institutions.
- To own and steward the ARUCC MyCredsTM | MesCertifMC National Network.
- To hold workshops, meetings, conferences, and other means of professional development - alone as ARUCC or in collaboration with other organizations such as CACUSS and PCCAT – in order to promote the professional development of our membership.
- To advance the profession of the registrar,admissions,and enrolment management professionals through both active research as well as via the support of research.
- To promote and support of research, policy studies and other investigations into the practice and management of registrarial service delivery and enrolment management.
- To work collaboratively with other post-secondary affiliated groups in Canada to advance the practice of the profession within Canadian colleges and universities.
- To recognize meritorious achievement on the part of both institutions and individuals.
- To undertake activities and undertakings as may seem appropriate to the Corporation.
- To represent the collective voice of membership and of registrars for Canadian colleges and universities on an national and international level, as appropriate.
- To promote equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility principles and best practices amongst our membership and through the activities of ARUCC.
MyCreds™ - the ARUCC National Network
The Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada (ARUCC) is the owner of MyCreds™ | MesCertif™, launched in late 2020. MyCreds™ | MesCertif™ is a national, bilingual credential wallet supported by a comprehensive website for Canada’s post-secondary community and learners. With this new credential wallet and website, ARUCC is helping Canada’s colleges and universities deliver digitized and portable transcripts and credentials - including badges and microcredentials - to post-secondary learners online, anytime, anywhere.